Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Chilled times and sunshine

Right now, two boerbuls are flopped around my feet. The sun is squeezing through higgeldy-piggeldy puzzlebush leaves and onto the long, smooth strands of clivias; hadedas are caw-ing their way overhead. It really is a beautiful place, this lush, fertile wonderland I grew up in.
I'm at my folks' house in Howick, my 'other' home, taking time out from the aircon and traffic of Cape Town. Yesterday I went to Elaine's, my favourite fabric store, and scratched through her baskets of material to find some exquisite pieces. I can't wait to match them up with ones I have at home. I have so many ideas, I'm not quite sure what to start with. Lampshades? Quilts? Growers?
No time to decide now; I'm off to have tea with Granny, then woodwork with Dad and pottery classes this afternoon with Mom. Happiness!

1 comment:

Jamtin said...

Ooh, is Elaine's in Howick? Always love hearing of fabric stores to visit and explore! Enjoy your time in Howick, hope the good weather lasts!