Thursday, March 25, 2010

Books and covers

I judge books by their covers. There, I said it. I find it very hard, when surrounded by shelves and shelves of paper and books and pictures, to muster up any enthusiasm to pick up the ones that appear, well, boring. I'm attracted to interesting things. It's as simple as that.
And it's for this reason that I've been staring at a single piece of paper for the past four hours: I'm trying to decide on a logo design for The Crazy Aunt Company.
Poor Esthea Gardner. She's designing the logo and has had to put up with emails requesting her to knock a word two spaces to the right, photographs of sketches that I've scribbled (and then scrapped), font changes, format changes, colour changes and a whole heap of indecision.
That single piece of paper I'm staring at? There are five logo designs on it, and I need to choose one. The problem? I love them all.

Watch this space - I'll decide before I go to bed, and the new design should be up here tomorrow.

No comments: